Help Maine students find their passion through career exploration videos
Author: Jill Jamison
Published: Wednesday, 07 Oct 2020
Junior Achievement of Maine needs your help! We need a 7-10 minute video of you talking about your career and why you love it so much! Early career exploration is so important for kids and we have educators that would love to share your story with their students! With an aging population in Maine, our next workforce is our youth, and we must start early. Help students broaden their sense of opportunity and get excited about the opportunities Maine has to offer! Why do we do what we do? Because you can’t be what you can’t see, and our volunteers demonstrate that each day. The ripple effect that JA volunteers have is powerful. They are planting a seed for future success and igniting passion to give students the skills and knowledge to take on Maine’s careers of tomorrow.
Technology has the power to connect us! We see great opportunity in growing our impact in more rural parts of our state, connecting leaders to classrooms, no matter the distance. That is why we have a bold new vision: to impact the lives of 23,000 students in Maine by 2023! As we expand our focus on low income communities, broaden our geographic reach, diversify our volunteer base, and create strong, sustainable partnerships with our education and business communities, we can’t make these goals a reality without your help!
The JA Maine team is here to help and our call to action is simple. We are looking for 50 JA Career Speaker videos by November 6. Filming is simple and quick but will have a lasting impact. Please email Jill Jamison: firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
What is Career Speaker Video?
- A brief 7-10 minute videos that you can film right on your phone!
- Volunteers share their career path to inspire students to dig deeper into their industry or learn more about their business.
- View our library of videos on our JA Maine YouTube Channel
Benefits of becoming a Virtual Volunteer
- Training provided
- No travel required, volunteer easily from your home or office
- Easy to use technology platforms: Zoom, iPhone, MS Teams, etc.
- Professional development opportunity for employees (great public speaking practice!)
- Opportunity to highlight and market your company
- Great team building opportunity for employees
- Connect with students from all over our state
Please help us continue to grow our impact by inspiring and preparing students to plan for successful futures! Email Jill Jamison today: email@example.com
Select a button below to see how you or your organization can get involved with Junior Achievement of Maine.Donate Volunteer Request A Program